Friday, September 23, 2016

Clear Google Adsense Cheque in Sri Lanka

Having trouble clearing adsense cheques in Sri Lanka?



Yes. I faced the same problem a month ago.
I received my cheque on August 22, 2016, here is an image.

Local Bank

I went to NTB which has all of my accounts.
But they told me that they got an order from the Central Bank SL, not to accept any due to so called risks.
And I kept asking about any method of clearing this cheque, but they clearly didn't have an answer.

Citibank

Now since this is a Citibank cheque, I went there directly to ask about clearing it.
They told me that they can clear this only if it came through an account.
So, I asked to open an account for me there. But it wasn't possible because they are a corporate bank and won't open any savings or personal account.
They told me to go to NTB and tell them that this is a Bank Draft, not a cheque, so they will acccept. I came back to the NTB and didn't get a positive answer.

I was clueless on what to do

Seylan Bank

Then I went to the Seylan Bank and asked them to clear the cheque.
Suprisingly, they told me that they have to open an account of some type (I didn't understand, it was in bank language, lol)
That was all, I deposited it and only took 15 minutes.


Conclusion

I don't know about Central Bank's or NTB or any other banks policy, but I should strongly believe these cheques should be smoothly transferred since this is money flowing in to our country and it is not flowing out.






I'm leaving this post so anyone can get help from this information...

Thank you for your interest..

3 comments:

  1. This is true. I had same experience with Commercial bank today. They said there is a policy that bank will not take any bank draft or checque less than 500 USD. They told me to try with Sampath bank. It seems Sri Lanka banks no need foreign money any more....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please help me..
    I'm from sri lanka and 17 years old...
    I recieved my adsense cheqye today and it is for my
    Do I need a bank account which has that name to deposite money or can I depisite it in my father's account???
    Udaw karanna pls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pls go to seylan bank and tell them the problem. They will help you... I did the same.

      Delete